Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 31-05-2008, 02:59 PM

shazza is on a distinguished road
hi all

my name is sharon and my family were italian - we lived in PNG until 2001 so i have memories of PNg from the 'good days' in the early seventies up until now - i still travel to Moresby on a regular basis
my sister marina and i went to Murray barracks (then Murray international) and then onto PomHi until we left for Italy...
my sister married a kiwi and lived in Pom until 2003 but now they live in NZ
i remember going to the Drive IN, Brown River, Goldie river, sogeri etc
however, i also have lived in Pom during the curfew days, Sandline affair, Pope's visit in 1995 and many other adventures - is there any one in this forum that still resides inPOM?
my parents used to own the italian restaurant called Spaghetti House
we were mates with other italian families from the seventies like the Tinalis,Fusi etc. not many italians left now!!
ciao a tutti e lukim yu
Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM

Max is on a distinguished road
Hi all my name Is max lived with family (family name kome) at the teaches collage where mums sister lives 84 to 86. Memory is faint but I remember coming out of the collage gates to the left go along the dirt road, and there would be the pictures to your right at the end of the road. We would watch the silent movies and eat ice cream....anyone recall doing that?......Good times
Old 13-08-2008, 11:45 AM

stacy dean is on a distinguished road
Hi I went to Murray from 86 to 88. Went to the yacht club with parents quite often. I was one of the short lived NTN television kids.
Old 16-08-2008, 04:55 PM

fred gibson is on a distinguished road
Pom 82-84

POM 82-84 I lived in Kikori during this time but when I had an opportunityto get to POM I spent some good times at the Boroka Sports Club where I had met some Aussie NCO's. Most of whom were cartographers mapping PNG. They tried to teach me cricket and I,in turn, tried to explain American Gridiron to them.
Lots of good times!!!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:52 PM

Tobyt is on a distinguished road
Moresby '81 - '87

Thanks everyone for contributing.

I can't believe how many people from within that time period have just disappeared.

I went to my first PNG reunion on the Gold Coast in the last couple of months (2008) and although over 1,000 people were in attendance, so few people I recognised. Maybe it's just cause we're all getting older.

One person I am specifically interested in getting in contact with again is Garry Hallard - was an architect in POM and a great friend.

Would really be great if anyone could offer any guidance or assistance. Thanks.

And Mel Donald....I just seen your face on the PNG Olympic Committee website. How do you manage to keep looking so young and attractive? Do you remember working for me at Brush & Hammer Constructions? Great memories of those days...you really helped me build that business.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 PM

Orvard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyt
I don't seem to see many names on the forum that were in and around Moresby during the period of '80 - '87.

If you were there during that time why not leave your name and say hello, we might have met especially if you spent time around the Yacht Club and the Aviat.

I'll check back from time to time and see if anyone that was there around that time knows how to use the PC and the net.

Regards,

Nick T.
Hi there,

My name is Orvard; I'm from the Philippines. Can I ask A favor please? I need to contact any of these persons: Mr. Brendan Chan, Mr. Chee, or Mr. Kevin Haw. Do you know anyone who has their contact number or Email address? It's an EMERGENCY.

Thank you.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:08 PM

Exclamation Help!!! I need someone's help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvard
Hi there,

My name is Orvard; I'm from the Philippines. Can I ask A favor please? I need to contact any of these persons: Mr. Brendan Chan, Mr. Chee, or Mr. Kevin Haw. Do you know anyone who has their contact number or Email address? It's an EMERGENCY.

Thank you.
Hi there,

Thank you.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:09 PM

Exclamation Help!

Hi there,

My name is Orvard; I'm from the Philippines. Can I ask A favor please? I need to contact any of these persons: Mr. Brendan Chan, Mr. Chee, or Mr. Kevin Haw. Do you know anyone who has their contact number or Email address? It's an EMERGENCY. You can send me an Email: ozapanta@gmail.com

Thank you.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:51 PM

stradie is on a distinguished road
I was there from 1980-82, my name is Martyn Stradbrook. Worked various building jobs. Worked in an outboard/boat repair shop opposite Koki markets. The owner was Welsh, I think, and had been much too long in PNG. He also acted as the unofficial bouncer at the Yacht Club. Spent my after hours at the Aero Club, which was preceded on a Friday by the Ettamoga Club; the Boroko RSL and the Aviat club. Also use to go to a "nightclub" called the Little White Bull in Boroko. Mum worked at Post Courier and Dad at Dept of Trade. Never had any issues with the locals, in fact, I spent most my time with them, great people if you respected them.

Last edited by stradie; 02-12-2008 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM

tangfu is on a distinguished road
Hi I was there from 1976 to 1984 and 1987 to 1990. I'm Jim Cormack. Worked at the Tax Office, lived behind the Aviat, was Bar Officer a couple of times at the Aviat, I ran the 40 years celebration.

My kids went to St Joe's Boroko in 1988 to 1990. Unfortunately I was attacked by "raskols" and lost a hand in 1990 which caused me to leave. Apart from that I loved PNG and the people. I trained Sir Nagora Bogan when he first came to the Tax Office straight out of UPNG Law.

I remember the Ettamoggah and Bandicoot Clubs, the Aero and the Yachtie where I was also a member. I knew probably about 3 to 400 people as a rsult of my Aviat Club involvement and Tax Office. I remember the Little White Bull, the Mandarin Restaurant out in Korobosea and the Cathay Club.

Last edited by tangfu; 03-03-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Extra parts