Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 05-12-2018, 04:45 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
41 x 9 - It Takes You Away:
Penultimate episode of season 41.
Series debut by writer Ed Hime.
A very well done mystery of an episode in which the travelers meet a blind girl Hanne in a brilliant performance by young Eleanor Wallwork.
She was certainly smart that when she later hugged her late mother Trine she sensed that it wasn’t her mother at all.
Ryan suggested that Hanne’s father Erik may have taken off and leave her behind.
Didn’t occur to me until it was brought up that Ryan seemed to have projected the desertion of his own father in guessing why Erick had left Hanne behind.
Ribbons is played by Kevin Eldon under all that prosthetics. Eldon had played the Seventh Doctor companion Antimony in the BBC audio Death Comes To Time.
Funny when the travelers meet Erik in that other world that the Doctor asked what Erik is doing in his own house!
Sensed that we were about to see Grace when it was mentioned that it was someone the travelers know but not really surprised that it wasn’t Grace at all.
That was such a moment when the Doctor says that she had seven grans, no. 5 being her favourite and no. 2 may have been a Zygon secret agent.
In response to this revelation of Granny 2 being a Zygon secret agent, someone at the message board I am in says that it is inconceivable why the Fourth Doctor would not share this amusing fact in the Zygons’ debut story Terror of the Zygons.
Yaz suggested about reverse the polarity or something. Where did she get that from.
Shocking moment when Yaz was the first to be thrown out of that world by the fake Trine.
Exciting moment when that world was breaking apart and the Doctor found herself in the white void where she meets the Solitract in the form of a talking frog.
Certainly wasn’t expecting a talking frog! Should not be surprised that Whovians started with Rove talking to Kermit the Frog.
In fact a gif of Kermit was posted on my facebook timeline on the subject of Doctor Who. Didn’t get it until writing this and the previous sentence as the gif was posted before I got to see the episode.
At the end Ryan finally calls Graham, Granddad.

In Whovians, Rove McManus asked who each of them would like the Solitract to be.
Mine would have to be my wife Karen Gillan.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:01 AM

Access All Areas on It Takes You Away:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdxA8E-A1bw
Old 10-12-2018, 11:16 PM

41 x 10 - The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos:
Season 41 finale.
Aired on my birthday December 9 2018.
Written by showrunner Chris Chibnall and directed by Jamie Childs and they bookend the series as they performed the same function for the season opener The Woman Who Fell To Earth and I can’t say the finale title is one I am able to remember by heart.
Guest stars Phyliss Logan and Mark Addy.
As this is the finale of Jodie Whittaker’s first season as the Doctor, Star Trek: Discovery also had a Battle on the opposite side of its own first season with the second episode Battle at the Binary Stars.
The trailer has the Doctor reacting to a voice that she is familiar with. Had me thinking that it was someone very old but I should not have been surprised that it is an enemy that is more recent and it is Tim Shaw from The Woman Who Fell To Earth making him another bookender of the season and no doubt that it helped that Samuel Oatley as Tim Shaw got directed by the same director in Childs.
Taken aback when that hand appeared in that pod.
Ryan uses a gun. While I am not advocating the use of weapons, Ryan does make effective use of a gun here unlike when he went all Rambo in The Ghost Monument as this time he knew what he was doing.
Incidentally the Ghost Monument is mentioned by the Doctor as we got a reminder that what the TARDIS was called back in that episode.
Surprised when Graham makes reference to Die Hard with him saying “Yippee ki yay” as he does a Bruce Willis with him carrying a gun and going after Tim Shaw.
Fanboy moment when Delph says dimensional transcendental when he and Andinio entered the TARDIS.
Surprising the Doctor makes references to events of Journey’s End & Boom Town.
In fact the premise displayed here is similar to that of The Stolen Earth/ Journey’s End.
Incidentally a clip of Boom Town was shown later on in Whovians.
Ryan finally gives Graham a fist bump with Graham asking now what. Well that is what happens when someone gets what he or she wants.
Glad that Graham did not kill Tim Shaw as he and Ryan places him in the stasis pod and told him to remember Grace’s name.

Intriguing Next Time trailer for the New Year’s Day Special which is now known as Resolution with the Doctor stating that the Earth is protected this year and every year reflecting the theme of the special.