Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Your Story and Experiences

Your Story and Experiences If you have ever visited Papua New Guinea as a traveller, please tell us about your experience.

Old 01-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Message Received from Tourists Down Under !

Dear Aussie,

Hi how are you? Just a quick message to let you know that we have arrived back in Aus. (last night) and had a wonderful time in PNG. We have to thankyou (& Raul -spelling??) so much for your kindness & generosity whilst we were there. We appreciated everything you did for us so much, & would have never had the chance to have seen anything without you both. We were really pleased to get to see Port Moresby.

Everyone we have spoken to has never been game to look around it, so it was great to get the chance. Like you said there's good & bad about every city, and it was great to see the good parts.

New Ireland is devine! My cousin had organised a sailing trip for the first afternoon/evening, & dinner at the Malagan Resort. Next day we took off for a little village on the (North) coast where we stayed for a couple of nights.

It was just so beautiful, no tourists just a tropical Paradise. On the way up we met one of the only 2 original Malangan Carvers left on the Island and saw some of his work, which was a real priviledge.

My cousin also speaks Pidgin which was great for us, as it opened so many doors for us. She also knew alot of the locals personally as she has been a doctor up there - they love her!

Other places thay took us to were Lemus Island for gorgeous snorkelling, Lissenung Island, Nusa Island, Toi Island on the south side, (more excellent snorkelling) & a tiny island called Raul.

We saw so many lovely fish - the kids snorkelled with us, and dolphins, Pilot whales, saw tank wreckages, & Japanese bunkers and plane wreckages, caught fish, and generally had loads of adventures!

The locals were delightful and so friendly and I can't rave highly enough about the place.

Any way, to sum it up, it was a wonderful holiday, and we owe a lot of that to you. so thanks again and we'll keep in touch.

I have spoken to our travel agent and said that I'd give her your email address to refer any interested people up your way.(she said she doesn't have many requests, but I said "You never know")

Let me know if you want to write anything for your website.

Bye for now,

Regards Sarah Love (& family)

CLICK HERE to view photographs taken during the stop over here in Port Moresby :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg richard-and-children.jpg (75.4 KB, 468 views)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 17-03-2004, 10:25 PM

possum is on a distinguished road
Thats how to do it

The way to 'see PNG ' is exactly how Sarah Love and her family have done it.

PNG has many unspoiled natural wonders from pilot whales, dolphins and the golden beaches of New Ireland and the island provinces to the wonderful cultural diversity demonstrated at places like the Goroka Show (rated number 5 in a recent presentation by ?Lonely Planet) and Borabora in Milne Bay has been recommended as the top divespot in the world in a recently published commentary in the national geographic( Jan 2004 see the world by numbers by David Doubilet).
Old 07-04-2004, 10:55 AM

blade_runner is on a distinguished road
That's the best response I've read from a family tourist...... Well done again PNG Business Directory