Papua New Guinea Forum

Papua New Guinea Forum (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lae (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Driving around Lae, Morobe Province (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4639)

nessa_h 25-05-2004 11:12 PM

Hi robbo, unfortunately Pauls coffee shop has closed down from its original location in town, not sure if he moved somewhere else, but i doubt if he did! It was pretty sad, coz we drove past one day, and it had already been transformed into a kai bar. I used to love to go there, coz he made the best toasted sandwiches in Lae, much better than Lae Inter hotel and the Melo! A pity to see a part of Lae shut down... This was a while ago, before i left Lae in 2001.

Larian 29-07-2004 10:37 PM

Hey robbo remember me Larian I am friends with denise, she said u were on here. i remember pauls coffee shop well. Love the phots of Lae keep them coming aussie and wendy

Ronnie 03-08-2004 10:43 PM

Hi,
I was involved in installing the radio communication external plant in the late 70"s at Nabzad for PNG. I have photographs of that era. I was last in Lae in 2002.

Ronnie.

muppie 04-08-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nessa_h
Hi robbo, unfortunately Pauls coffee shop has closed down from its original location in town, not sure if he moved somewhere else, but i doubt if he did! It was pretty sad, coz we drove past one day, and it had already been transformed into a kai bar. I used to love to go there, coz he made the best toasted sandwiches in Lae, much better than Lae Inter hotel and the Melo! A pity to see a part of Lae shut down... This was a while ago, before i left Lae in 2001.

I remember going to lae not so long ago, I think it was after 2001 and Paul's cafe was still there! Not sure if it moved from another location... Sorry can't be sure when exactly this was.

meri_asaro 06-08-2004 05:16 PM

Round water

1 Attachment(s)
I was told too many horror stories about people being trapped in the weeds and dying so i was never crazy enough to try and swim in it. But i do remember playing on all the grass next to it after they mowed the place. I also found a photo of 2nd st that was taken in 2003 outside the old PP's.

Carole 31-08-2004 09:19 PM

Who remembers the sign on the Esplanade in Lae?: "Stop. Do not proceed if aircraft approaching."

13years of fun 08-09-2004 11:31 AM

don't think it would be wise to do that anymore, seen puk puk's there with my own eyes.

Craigm 08-09-2004 12:03 PM

Roundwater...Dangerous!!??
Lived right next to the Round Water from the late 60's to the mid 70's. We swam in it and across it all the time. Even used to dive for mussels (you couldnt see a thing, just stuck your hand in the mud at the bottom and felt around). I do remember, however, feeling guria everytime the underwater reeds or lilly pad stems would brush against you. Puk puks? - giamin! Things must have changed.

Ess Kay 12-10-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie
Lonely coconut on the waterfront close to the Lae Yacht Club :

must have fell down already...rising sea level!

Ronnie 12-10-2004 09:19 PM

Coconut

Ms Kay.
The question is,
Who head did the coconut fall on.

Ronnie

:sad: